Thursday, February 23, 2012

HOW TO ACCOMPLISH MORE

"The ark of the Lord remained in the house of Obed-edom the Gittite three months;
and the Lord blessed Obed-edom and all his household."
-2 Samuel 6:11 (NRSV)
Alright! I want the Lord's blessing on all I do.
Where do I get one of these "arks"?
First what was the "ark", or what did it represent?
"Spiritually, the Ark was the manifestation of God's physical presence on earth
(the shekhina)."
-David Shyovitz
in the Jewish Virtual Library.
Simply put it means,
God's presence = God's blessing.
That is why Moses was so concerned for Israel.
"Moses replied, 'If you do not go with us,
don't make us leave this place.
How will anyone know that you are pleased with your people
and with me if you do not go with us?
Your presence with us will distinguish us from any other people on earth.'".
-Exodus 33:15,16 (TEV)
Martin Luther is reputed to have said,
"I have so much to do that if I didn't spend at least three hours a day in prayer I would never get it all done."
Several times I have read of people getting more done by spending more time with the Lord.
It seems backward. But it works.
Personally I am a goal or project orientated person.
Generally I figure out what tasks need to be done, and which one's I can accomplish in a given time frame. Then dig in.
So, I purposely begin to spend more time with the Lord.
Guess what?
When I spend more time with the Lord,
I get ahead of schedule,
then look for something else to spend the extra time at.
"Seek the Lord and his strength;
seek his presence continually."
-Psalm 105:4 (NRSV)

No comments: