Tuesday, March 20, 2012

WHICH WAY AM I LOOKING?

Photo courtesy of my.opera.com
Just like us old kids, they are looking back.
You know how it is around us old people.
We all look back into the past. The great things we did when we were younger
and life was so much better than now.
But now we are too old to do anything.
It is never encouraging to be around people who are living in the past.
For myself, regardless of what stage of life, the most depressing times have been
when I'm not looking forward to something.
God gave me as word of encouragement this morning.
He (God) was speaking to the people of Israel through the prophet Isaiah.
"But the Lord says,
'Do not cling to events of the past
or dwell on what happened long ago.
Watch for the new thing I
am going to do....."
-Isaiah 43:18 (GNB)
Photo courtesy of www.langmaidpractice.com
Other places God tells us to remember what he has done for us.
Then we can thank him for it. And, realize that he can and will help us again.
But God does not want us to dwell in the past,
but take him by the hand and move on into the future,
regardless of the situation we are in now.
I'm looking forward to what God is going to do
for me next.

No comments: