Saturday, April 14, 2012

PROMISES

Photo courtesy of scripture-for-today.blogspo...
"Every promise in the book is mine",
is an expression I use to hear regarding the Bible.
I don't hear it much anymore. Perhaps because people
do not trust God any more.
But consider.
All the promises God made are not just about pie in the sky when we die.
Some of God's promises are very stern warnings about what he will do to us if,
we don't straighten up and fly right.
And we don't want the consequences of them.
Strange. I have never hear anyone claim one of these promises.
Maybe we need to spend more time in the Bible
reading ALL of God's promises.
Then adjusting to his word so only the good
promises will apply to us.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh how I count on those promises! There will come a day when our faith will be sight, and our blurred vision will be crystal clear. Until then, I cling to the hope that is yet to be ours.

Blessings,
Kathleen

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Smiling as I say aloud AMEN!