Friday, November 15, 2013

WHAT A HANDSOME BRUTE

Photo courtesy of: www.bigfoto.com

"What a handsome brute."
Personally, I don't think so.

I do not include a profile picture of myself on;
Blogger, Facebook on in Squidoo lenes. 
The reason is very simple.
I am not all that proud of myself.  Or another
way, I not happy with my looks.  I am not 
as good looking as you are.
So, I use something else; a sunrise, my wife's
cat, or a tractor.  They all look better than I
do.

I do not go to school reunions, office parties 
or other functions where people stand around
bragging on their life's accomplishments.
Because,
I don't have any to brag about.

But God let me see something.
In Isaiah 53, which is a prophecy of Christ's coming,
we read in Today's English Version;

"He had no dignity or beauty to make 
us take notice of him.
There was nothing attractive about him,
nothing that would draw us to him.
We despised him and rejected him;
he endured suffering and pain.
No one would even look at him -
we ignored him as if he were nothing."
(Isaiah 53:2,3 TEV)

Can you imagine that.
The very creator.  The one who created
the universe and you and me.  When he
came to earth to die for us -
he chose to be the most common of men.
to be a nothing.
FOR YOU AND ME.

Just perhaps, we "nothings" 
are more God like that those who seem
to have it all.

No comments: