Friday, April 25, 2014

THE WAY IT OUGHT TO BE


I know.
This is a very poor picture.
 I was setting here at the kitchen table 
having a cup of tea.  Looking out the window
I realized an important truth was being played 
out before my eyes.  Grabbing my camera I
shot between the steamed up portions of the 
window at just a small portion of the livestock.

In the field there was at least one horse.  There
were a lot of cows.  There were a lot of sheep.
They were white, black, brown and who knows
what other colors in the herd.
Yes, even a squirrel.

Do you know what?
They were ALL grazing peacefully enjoying 
the day.  They were all minding their own business
doing their own job and everybody was happy 
doing it.

"Make it your aim to live a quiet life,
to mind your own business,
and to earn your own living,
just as we told you before.
In this way you will win the respect
of those who are not believers
and you will not have to depend
on anyone for what you need."
(1 Thessalonians 4:11,12 TEV)

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I love that, Luther! "Minding their own business." How refreshing.

In recent days I've been mulling over the beauty of "living my own life" (not in the context of selfishness, but in the context of not trying to live someone else's for them). What a beautiful affirmation is your portrait here.

Bless you & yours, always.
Kathleen