Saturday, February 14, 2015

GENEROSITY


GENEROUS

I have a great granddaughter who is learning to drive.
So she even likes to drive my old truck - or anything 
anyone will let her drive.

The other day we took off on one of our back road
lessons.  We had not gone far from the house when
she ask, "Grandpa.  Do you want a mint?"

More out of politeness than any thing I said,
"Yes."  Now you know the answer to that one.
She gave me a mint out of my own candy bowl.
Now, that's GENEROSITY.

But are you and I any different?

God gives us life, health, brains (?)       
strength, a job and every thing needed for 
life.  Every thing is His to start with.

If we give him back anything at all, 
it is only a pittance and we think we have
done a big deal.

"The earth is the LORD'S, 
and all its fullness.
The world and those who dwell
therein."
(Psalms 24:1 NKJV)

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

What a lesson! It reminds me of a pastor's story some years back. He gave a member of the church a $10 bill and told him to give it back during that portion of his sermon when he asked for it. It very quickly became an object lesson about how God asks us to hold onto His material blessings until (if) He asks for them to be returned.

I like your great-granddaughter. Something tells me she is the source of many smiles.

Blessings,
Kathleen