Wednesday, December 27, 2017

THE TEST


Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com  


Many years ago, about the time you were born, I had a
boss who was the old bull in the china shop type.  He 
was an opinionated character, but did know his business.

I had moved in from out of state.  That made me an 
outsider instead of one of "the boys".  In time I was put
in charge of the shop.  I could not do anything to please
that man.  If I had a schedule of work, that was wrong.
I should not have a schedule.  If (I had to have a schedule)
I hid the schedule so he could not see it, then I was supposed
to have a schedule.

Life at work for a year or two was miserable.  I had to 
go hide at lunch just to get away from it.  BUT, in time
it was like going over a hump.  At some point I suddenly
was an O.K. guy.

Really I think he was testing me.  And after a period
of testing and passing to his satisfaction, I was in.

Our life is like that, even when trying to live for God.
Now God is not like that old codger but he does have
to test us.  If God is trying to get your attention through
the problems of life, listen up.  He may be trying to show
you the way to go, pay attention.  He may be trying to 
strengthen you.  But in any case those trials and problems
have a purpose.

"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial;
for once he has been approved, he will receive
the crown of life which the Lord has promised
to those who love Him."
(James 1:12 NASB)    








No comments: