Wednesday, November 28, 2018

OVER LOADED

Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com   

OVER LOADED.

Are you overloaded?  I am.
A couple of generations ago, when I was just a kid
there was an old saying that said;
"Three moves equal one burnout."  The meaning being,
every time you move your home, or residence, you 
eliminate all the extra stuff you have so you do not 
have to take it with you.  Three moves that way and
you throw away enough stuff to equal the house being 
burned down.

A few years ago God enabled us to move into a new
house.  The old house was old when I bought it and
after living in it for 36 years it was even older.  A real
good description would be it was "wore out".

The new house is on the same piece of property so
it was not necessary to tear down the old house right
away.  Some places you could not get away with that.
But in this area we can.

Finally the time came to begin cleaning up and tearing
down the old house.  WOW!  I do not know how else
to say it.  I could not believe how much was in the old
house that needed to be given away, sold, recycled or
thrown away.  And we have lived several years without
needing any of it.   So, why did we have it to start with?

Life seems to be that way.  We gain a lot of excess stuff
that we just have to have.  Then we go rent a storage
building to hold all the stuff we don't need to start with.

God speaking through the Apostle Paul said;
"For we have brought nothing into the world,
so we cannot take anything out of it either."  
(1 Timothy 6:7 NASB) 

Personally over the last few years I have been getting
rid of a lot of "stuff".  Believe it or not, the less I have
the less work and worry I have.  I am enjoying it. I can
either spend more time enjoying life or, and more 
important, preparing myself for that day thats coming
when I stand before God and give an account of myself.










No comments: