Wednesday, February 2, 2022

GETTING GOD'S BLESSING


"God blesses the one who reads
the words of this prophecy to the
church, and he blesses all who listen
to its message and obey what it says,
for the time is near."
(Revelation 1:3 NLT)

To get God's blessing; read and obey
the book of Revelation.  What can 
we learn from the churches of Revelation?


Ephesus; Jesus said;
"I know all the things you do.
I have seen your hard work and 
your patient endurance."
and Jesus lists a long list of very good
things the Church was doing.  I wish
that the Church circles I run in could
do as well.  But he continues;
"But I have this complaint against
you.  You don't love me or each
other as you did at first."

They have drifted into a form of 
"Pharisaism".  The emphasis is more
on the correct doing that on the loving
and unfortunately I'm seeing a lot of
that in the circles I run in.


Thyatira; Jesus said:
"I know all the things you do.
I have seen your love, your faith,
your service, and your patient 
endurance."

"But I have this complaint 
against you.  You are permitting
that woman - that Jezebel who 
calls herself a prophet to lead
my servants astray."

Look in today's Churches.  Look at
all the "Jezebels" painted up and 
exposing themselves to get attention.
And read the news about so many getting
getting caught in immorality in the 
Churches.

Sardis; Jesus said:
"I know all the things you do,
and that you have a reputation
for being alive -but you are dead.
Wake up!"

Just like many of today's Churches.
Lots of activity.  Large crowds,
but about as Spiritual as a ball game.

Laodicea; Jesus said:
"You say, 'I am rich. I
have everything I want.  I don't
need a thing!'  And you don't
realize that you are wretched
and miserable and poor and
blind and naked."

Just like today.  Churches full of people 
who are after all the prosperity they can get.   
But they are like the prodigal son.  They want
their inheritance now, here on earth.  Yes, 
they are still sons.  They will be welcomed
home.  But they have wasted their inheritance
here on earth.

For true prosperity study what attitude
Jesus Christ himself had toward material
things.

Then study the Apostle Paul's attitude
toward the things of this world.

I chose to follow Jesus and Paul.
Not today's preachers.







No comments: