Thursday, December 3, 2009

PROTECTED AGAIN.


I detest calling attention to myself. But you have had
those times that you want to let the world know what God
has done for you. So you will understand, won't you?

As Christians God has called us to be "a chose race, a
royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people,
THAT YOU MAY DECLARE THE WONDERFUL DEEDS
OF HIM who called you out of darkness into his
marvelous light." [Emphasis mine].
-1 Peter 2:9 RSV

So, I'll try.
For the last several years each morning I pray that God
will protect each of us in the family. That "he will give his angels
charge of you to guard you in all your ways."
-Psalms 91:11 RSV

And he has done that lots of times. That is why I am
still alive today. But hear one more.

Yesterday (At the time of this writing.) afternoon I was
at work on my office. I am building it so there is a loft area
above it. That will allow storage of all the stuff we never
should have bought in the first place. And the things that
are used only on occasion, such as luggage.

I was working on the floor of the loft when I tripped. I fell on
my back with my head and shoulders hanging over. I could
feel myself teetering on the edge.
What kept me from falling head first eight feet onto the
concrete and building materials below, I don't know. It had to
be God giving an angel charge over me to protect me.
Praise God and thank you Jesus.

The picture. That's where I would have landed,
if the Lord had not intervened.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Oh, friend, what a good God is He! That fall would have been a treacherous one, and the damage to life & limb most unpleasant (if even you survived).

Testimonies to His care and provision inspire me. While I see His hand in my own life, it just tickles me greatly to praise Him for His hand in the lives of others.

Thank You, Father, for so graciously & faithfully protecting Manthano!

Blessings,
Kathleen

P.S. A confession: I chuckled aloud about the "stuff we never should have brought ..." !