Tuesday, August 21, 2012

LEARNING FROM A CHILD


Photo courtesy of www.photofunblog.com

Last Saturday evening two of my great granddaughters
were helping me with the chores.
They are cousins, Jordin and Madison.

While we were feeding the rabbits one of the girls noticed
a stirring in the bushes across the fence.
"Oh! look grandpa, a puppy.
It's abandoned, can we keep it?"
I answered, "No, it is not abandoned.
It belongs to the neighbor."
[He had told me he was getting rid of the litter.]

Then the puppy was joined by a second puppy.
Which was joined by a third puppy.
And they were soon joined by a fourth puppy,
and momma.

"Grandpa, can we play with the puppies?"
I could not turn that simple request down.  
So parking myself under a shade tree to supervise,
the playing began.

Photo courtesy of pythonjoe.blogspot.com

I thought they were never going to quit playing with the puppies
and I was getting hungry.  Then Madison, the younger one
perhaps 7 or 8 years old, stopped playing and headed for the house.

As she passed my outpost I talked with her for just a minute.
I sensed that she was one very determined young girl headed for the house.

WATCH OUT WORLD!

And at that point I was glad it was not my problem.

Some time latter, as I was still watching over Jordin playing
with the puppies,  Madison and her family drove past in
their car headed home.

Now I do not know what transpired in the house or their car.
But in about five minutes they came back.

Yep.  To get a puppy.  
Madison now has her puppy.




Photo courtesy of www.highdwallpaprs.com

If we are a child of God.  He encourages us to ask,
seek and knock.  Yes God knows what we want,
and what we need.

But He also teaches us that we "...should always 
pray and never become discouraged." (Luke 18:1 GNB)
In the parable of the widow and the unjust judge
he teaches us to be "persistent" in our praying.
"Now, will God not judge in favor of his own
people who cry to him day and night for help?"
(Luke 18:7 GNB)

Madison apparently knew how to get what she wanted
from her earthly parents.

Do we know how to persist with our heavenly father?



1 comment:

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

It's for dead certain that we are preaching the same sermon today Luther! I am preaching to myself most of the time... :)