Friday, August 31, 2012

WHEN I OPEN MY MOUTH


Photo courtesy ofwww.pixabay.com


Hopefully we all have someone we look up to, past or present.
Someone who is a model of what we strive to be, or wish to be.
Someone to look up to and copy, imitate or follow.

Those of us who are "Christians" look up to a number
of the heros of the faith.  Those we want to emulate.
Perhaps chief of these the apostle Paul.

In fact Paul himself said,



"I beg you then, to follow my example."
(1 Corinthians 4:16 GNB)

 and,


"Imitate me, then, just as I imitate Christ."
(1 Corinthians 11:1 GNB)

I know, that covers all of life.  But consider this 
one aspect of Paul's life.

"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth,
words may be given me so that I will
fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel."
(Ephesians 6:19 NIV)

or from the GNB.

"And pray also for me, that God will give me a 
message when I am ready to speak, so that I
may speak boldly and make known the gospel's secret."

OUCH!

Did you catch that?
When Paul opens his mouth he wants it to be
God speaking.  Not Paul.

Enough said.

Image courtesy of: www.pixabay.com