Friday, July 12, 2013

HOW TO MULTIPLY



This is a very poor picture of Organic Black-Eyed Peas.
The picture was taken with a high quality Nikon camera,
and a very low quality photographer.

I acquired these peas back in the year 2008.  Decided to 
grow my own Black-Eyed Peas.  You know, save some money.
But they have not multiplied yet, despite protection from the
weather and rodents.

I just returned from a trip half way across the United States.
There I met with a life long friend who is an agricultural expert.
Ray has been in agriculture all his life.  Ray taught me something.
To get those peas to multiply, I have to take them off the shelf
and put them in the ground.  He said they have to die in the 
ground to multiply.

Now can you believe that?  They have to die to multiply!
All the peas I have ever seen come off the shelf.

Jesus said something like that too,

"I am telling you the truth;
a grain of wheat remains no more than
a single grain unless it is dropped into
the ground and dies.  If it does die, then
it produces many grains.

Those who love their own life will lose it;
those who hate their own life in this world
will keep it for life eternal."
(John 12:24,25 GNT)




Another very poor picture taken by the low quality
photographer.

I am like that lone solitary pea above when I sit on the shelf.

Jesus was talking to me when he said,

"If you want to come with me,
you must forget yourself,
take up your cross every day,
and follow me.
For if you want to save your own life,
you will lose it, 
but if you lose your life for my sake,
you will save it.
Will you gain anything if you win
the whole world but are yourself lost
or defeated"
of course not!"
(Luke 9:23-25 GNT)





No comments: