Tuesday, July 2, 2013

LOW GAP, ARKANSAS


LOW GAP


"LOW GAP", means just one thing to us,
"GOOD FOOD".

Going to Low Gap is a long drive for us.
It is here in the Ozarks where we are.  But
over in "God's country", i.e. Newton county.

Low Gap is one of those places you could drive right
through and not see it if you blink.  The best I can remember
at the moment it consists of the cafe, the volunteer fire dept,
the cafe, an old shut down school building and the cafe.
And did I mention the cafe?

I would love to live in that "town".
Low Gap consists of 23.5 square miles of area,
all rural.  This gives a population density of 15 people
per square mile.  Or, a grand total of 361 people.
It just got too crowded.  Sorry.

BUT!

It has a cafe.  And in the cafe is a nationally acclaimed chief.
MAN ALIVE IS THE FOOD EVER GOOD!
And the price is right too.

We were over today for another nice drive and the food.
While setting there a sign caught my attention.  So I
took pictures of several of them.

Yes, there were signs I did not want to take pictures of -
and didn't.  But I thought you might enjoy one or the 
other of these.








I'll admit it.  This is the one that caught my attention.





No comments: