Wednesday, March 12, 2014

TODAY'S PROMISE


"Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to teach
them that they should always pray and never
become discouraged.  'In a certain town there 
was a judge who neither feared God nor respected
people.  And there was a widow in that same
town who kept coming to him and pleading for
her rights, saying, 'Help me against my opponent!'
For a long time the judge refused to act, but at
last he said to himself, ' Even though I don't fear
God or respect people, yet because of all the 
trouble this widow is giving me, I will see to
it that she gets her rights.  If I don't, she will
keep on coming and finally wear me out!'

And the Lord continued, 'Listen to what that 
corrupt judge said.  Now, will God not judge
in favor of his own people who cry to him
day and night for help?  Will he be slow to
help them?  I tell you, he will judge in their 
favor and do it quickly.  But will the Son of
man find faith on earth when he comes?"
(Luke 18:1-8 TEV)



******************
"The promises of the Lord can be trusted;
they are as genuine as silver refined
seven times in the furnace."
(Psalms 12:6 GNT)

1. Meditate on God's Promises.
2. Plead the Promises at the throne of Grace.
3. Act in Faith that God Will Perform His Promises.
(William Gurnall)

No comments: