Thursday, December 31, 2015

A HAPPY NEW YEAR IS POSSIBLE

Images courtesy of:www.Pixabay. com

We live in one of the worst, most evil times of modern
history.  Looking at the news and the way mankind is
going, things look totally hopeless.  A very bleak future.
Wars all around the world.  The very nature of the human
race rebelling against every one and everything.  And a 
hatred against anything that is Godly.

Jesus Christ [Remember.  We celebrated his birth about
a week ago.  Though few know Jesus was the reason for
the season.] told us more than two thousand years ago
that this day we live in was coming.  It is here, and it 
will get much worse, he said so.
But still;

A HAPPY NEW YEAR IS POSSIBLE.

HOW SO?

A couple of thousand years ago God sent some 
real, live, genuine angels with an announcement. 

"...but the angel said to them,
'Don't be afraid!
I am here with good news for you,
which will bring great joy to all people.
This very day in David's town your Savior
was born - Christ the Lord!'"
(Luke 2:10, 11 GNT)

That is what we celebrated last week.

But Christ not only told us these terrible days
were coming, but he told his disciples 
- of all the ages - that:

"Peace is what I leave with you;
it is my own peace that I give you.
I do not give it as the world does.
Do not be worried and upset;
do not be afraid.  You heard me 
say to you, 'I am leaving , but I 
will come back to you.'"
(John 14:27,28a GNT)

If we will stop going our own way
and doing our own thing and 
turn to Jesus Christ taking him as
our LORD and savior,  giving him
complete control over our lives.
He will give us that personal peace,
joy and happiness that we so 
desperately long for.

LET JESUS GIVE YOU A

HAPPY NEW YEAR.





1 comment:

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

So true Luther, all of it! What a world, and yet... what a GOD! I also love the verse that says

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. and... I will never leave you or forsake you.

I claim those verses many times, when the things in this world cause fear and uncertainty.

God is God, and He is alive and well. May you and your family have a blessed 1916!!

Sonja