Friday, December 11, 2015

GOD OF THE IMPOSSIBLE


I have learned a long time ago that it is not possible 
for me to do much, at least without God's help.  And
of course, nothing is impossible with God.

In fact, God asks us to take "EVERY THING" to 
him in prayer.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything
by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving,
let your requests be made known to God;"
(Philippians 4:6 NKJV)

Further, if there is something I do not understand,
I am to ask him.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God,
who gives to all liberally and without reproach,
and it will be given to him.
"But let him ask in faith...."
(James 1:5,6 NKJV)

God is so practical.  He is concerned about even 
our every day problems.  And one of those problems
for myself was impossible.

My oldest motorcycle had the starter go out on it
a few weeks ago.  I know.  It should not have.  It
was only 34 years old.  But they just do not make
things like they used to.

Now installing a starter is generally not a big deal.
I have probably installed a dozen or more in my 
life time.  But on this particular engine it's a different
story.  From experience I have learned that once you
pull the starter, you cannot put it back in.  In fact,
the two repair manuals I have on this motorcycle
both say, PULL THE ENGINE.

What happens is that when you pull the starter,
the starter comes out of the sprocket and chain.
Then the starter sprocket and the chain fall
down into the housing.  So, you have to pull
the engine to take the back cover off and control
the sprocket and chain.  [The manufacture latter
corrected this problem.]

Fifteen years ago, pulling an engine was more fun
than it is now.  I more than likely have pulled a 
dozen or more engines.  But at eighty one years
old, pulling engines is not fun anymore.

So, what do you do?  PRAY.

God put an idea in my mind about controlling the
sprocket and chain.  And at each step of the way I
had to pray and depend on God to help and guide.
In fact, God had to put a number of others ideas in
my mind as we went along.




But PRAISE GOD.  Instead of pulling the engine,
he helped me put the starter in by just pulling the 
gear shift lever off and drilling a hole, where a hole
is not supposed to be.   [That is where the bolt is in the
above image.    The bolt is now filling the hole that is not
 supposed to be there.] This allowed me to stick a piece of
welding rod in to support the sprocket and chain while the
starter was out - then fill the hole when done.



Image above is the bent welding rod.
Image below the old starter.




To  you this would not be a big deal.  But to this
old man, I praise God for him helping me to do
the impossible.

That is the new installed starter below -
WITHOUT PULLING THE ENGINE.



PRAISE GOD.




No comments: