Friday, January 15, 2016

WHEN THE WAY SEEMS DARK

Photo courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com

One morning  I woke up excessively tired from the day before.
I had lost all enthusiasm for the day, though I had been looking
forward to it.  It was like "What's the use?"  Even coffee did not
help.

Particularly heavy on my mind during this period is the realization 
that the world we live in has completely gone insane.  It seems that
evil is gaining the upper hand on every front.  Even though I knew
this time was coming.  Over two thousand years ago God let us 
know that this evil time was coming and that it is going to get even
worse.  That is one of the reasons I left were I was living and moved
here over forty years ago.

Also I know that God tests our faith with various trials.  As well,
as use trials and hardships to strengthen our faith.  But still I was
not bubbling over with joy.

Then I read this verse that spoke volumes to me.

"All of you that honor the Lord
and obey the words of his servant,
the path you walk may be dark indeed,
but trust in the Lord,
rely on your God."
(Isaiah 50:10 GNT)

Yes, things may be dark and dreary in the world and in our
life.  But hang on to God's hand and he will lead us through
it.

No comments: