Friday, May 6, 2016

HELP. I'M UGLY


That's my little old ugly truck.
I must admit, it does not have the words,
"RUST BUCKET" on the sides.
They are only in my computer.

That picture was taken several years ago.
Only the rain has washed it since and the 
rust has grown. A lot people would be ashamed 
to be seen in it because it is so ugly.
But, Hey!  
It is not a trophy.  It is a tool.
It still runs very good and does everything
I want a truck to do.  In short, I'm still
very happy with that ugly old truck and
have no desire what ever for a newer,
nicer truck.

What's the point?



As a person I think of myself as "ugly".
How many a time I have wished that God had
made me different than I am.  There are things
from top to bottom that I would change if it were
up to me.

I have been having a hard time to think that God 
made me the way I am because this is the way that
God wanted me.  (Well! Other than what I as a person
have messed up.  You know.  Over or under eating
or other things that are my fault.)  However, at my
age I am beginning to see the point.

Years ago there used to be a beautiful women come
into the shop with her car.  She was young and usually
when she came in, about half of the guys working 
there found some excuse or other to go by and 
see if they could "help" or what ever.

One day the boss ask me if I would that her to work
the next morning and bring her car back to the shop.
You bet I would.  (I was not in my eighties then.)

When she came early the next morning she happened
to have her kids with her.  And the way she treated her 
kids in the few miles to her work totally turned me off.

Since then, I have seen many a "lovely" lady that I
would not want to put up with as a wife.

One time God was having the prophet Samuel
pick out a king for the nation.  But Samuel was
looking on the outside and God said to him;

"But the Lord said to him,
'Pay no attention to how tall and
handsome he is.  I have rejected him,
because I do not judge as people judge. 
They look at the outward appearance,
but I look at the heart'".
(1 Samuel 16:7 GNT)



I notice something of interest to myself 
regarding the prophecy of God himself
coming down to us in the form of Jesus
Christ.

The prophecy of his coming says,
"He had no dignity or beauty
to make us take notice of him.
There was nothing attractive about
him,
nothing that would draw us to him.
We despised him and rejected him;
he endured suffering and pain.
No one would even look at him -
we ignored him as if he were nothing."
(Isaiah 53:2,3 GNT)

Lets face it.  
When our time has come, it is not a man or
woman that we will stand before in judgment.
It will be God himself.
He is not going to looking at our hair do 
or fake smile.  But at the our heart.

We can do something about our heart
or attitudes.

And it does help to realize that God had a
reason for making me the way I am,
even if it does not suit me.

No comments: