Monday, June 4, 2018

LIKE AN EAGLE



Image courtesy of:www.Pixabay.com   

It had been a hot muggy day when a storm front came
up.  So, grandpa headed to the front porch and a rocking
chair.

As happens often around here, in those conditions a group
of hawks will go for a fly.  You know, like the first warm
day after winter and a bunch of "bikers" decided to go for
a ride.  Lots of times I have seen a half dozen or more 
hawks get out there and just soar around in the wind having
a great time.  I will confess to being envious.  It sure does 
look like fun.

While watching those hawks something clicked.  Lately
I have been feeling guilty about feeling so well for an old
man when so many of my "peers" are so sickly.

You see, back when I was only seventy nine years old I 
came down with "Acquired aplastic anemia".  That means
that my body quit making blood.  Of course I about died
and have no idea how many doctors I have seen.  And of
course have had a number of different treatments.

No, I am not feeling like a teen ager.  But for some 
time now I have been feeling so well and working 
longer that truly I was feeling guilty for feeling so
good.

What was it that clicked?
Some time ago [And I do not know quite what I
mean by that.] being acquainted with this portion
of Scripture I decided to put this truth to work and
"wait" or "trust" in or "depend" on God over my 
health issue.  It says;

"Yet those who wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary.
(Isaiah 40:31 NASB)   

Here I was enjoying the best health I have had
in a number of years and enjoying watching some
birds doing what God was helping me do in the
restoration of my body.

PRAISE GOD.




No comments: