Wednesday, January 9, 2019

GET THE TRASH OUT

Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com   

GET THE TRASH OUT.

Do you ever feel like the dumpster above, full of trash?
I often do.  It can be the result of attitudes, wrong actions,
moods, events or just about anything.  It can make a person
feel like they need a good scrubbing on the inside.

The good news is that something can be done about it.
Consider King David.  One evening he saw another man's
wife taking a bath.  I guess she was prettier than his own
wife.  The result was he lusted for her.  Then he found a
way to get her and you know what he did.  Now he was
guilty of adultery.  Then in an attempt to cover it up he 
had her husband killed.  Now he is also a murder.  BUT,
it was not hid from God.  God let David know in no 
uncertain terms that he had screwed up big time and really
King David deserved to die.

However, King David also knew that there can be 
forgiveness from God.  Listen to David's words as he
calls out to God.

"Be gracious to me, O God, according to Your
lovingkindness;
According to the greatness of Your compassion
blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity
And cleanse me from my sin.
For I know my transgressions,
And my sin is ever before me."

***********
"Creat in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me."
(Psalms 51:1-3 & 10 NASB)

Do you want to feel clean and new inside?
You can.

Obviously if you continue the way you have
been going, what's going to change?  First we
have to turn and go with God.  We need to submit
to God and allow him to become our Lord, Master
and Savior.  Remember, He loved us enough to 
come down to earth and became a man like us 
named Jesus Christ.  Then he died as a sacrifice in
 our place, if we will accept it.

Then as we begin to live with and for God He 
tells us;

"If we confess out sins, He is faithful and 
righteous to forgive us our sins and to 
cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
(1 John 1:9 NASB)

God wants to clean us up inside and out.
Go talk to Him about it.



No comments: