Friday, April 8, 2016

THE TALE OF TWO RABBITS



The rabbit above was named "Dooood".  You know, dude with
lots of "o's" in it.   Jordin, that's the great grand daughter, named
it.   She wanted a rabbit.  And, I knew when I bought it for her  
someone else would have to take care of it for the rest of it's life.
So she picked out this little guy.  I have to give her credit, that
was the best pet rabbit I have ever seen in my life.

You know kids as well as I do.  Jordin's interest in "Dooood"
lasted about three days.  That was years ago.  "Dooood" has
gone on to rabbit heaven, if there is such a thing.


I came home a few days ago and the rabbit above, "Princess"
was in "Dooood's" cage.

Hey! Where did that rabbit come from.
You guessed it.  It had been Jordan's cousin Madison's
rabbit.  The girls are about the same age.  And like Jordin,
Madison's interest in the rabbit only lasted a short while.
So, they took it to grandpa's.

How many of us are like that with our faith?
We see a good thing and go for it - 
for as short time.

"The seeds that fell on rocky ground stand for those
who receive the message gladly as soon as they hear
it.  But it does not sink deep into them, and they don't
last long.  So when trouble or persecution comes
because of the message they give up at once."
(Matthew 13:20-21 GNV)

No comments: