Wednesday, June 8, 2016

HOW TO HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS


FINALLY,
AN ENJOYABLE 
CHRISTMAS.

But it is not Christmas yet.
I know.  But it's coming soon.

The coming of Jesus Christ into the world is the pivotal
point of history in heaven and earth.  That is, 
his birth "Christmas" to his resurrection and ascension.
All of history and creation hang on this fact.

My point is, I believe in "Christmas".

BUT.
The materialistic consumerism of the world
has been used to destroy the meaning and joy of 
Christmas.  It has been years since I have been able
to enjoy Christmas because of all the hustle and bustle
around the Christmas season.

But this year was different.

I recognize that the wife and I are old people,
"empty nesters".  And a lot of you are young with
children.  That does create a problem.  But hang on.

Last year my wife had been helping a number of 
people by house setting while they were gone for 
the holidays.  As a result, she did very little decorating
(Which she loves to do.  And I care little about.)
So last Christmas she was house setting out in the 
"boonies" over Christmas.

I joined her for the day.
We did not exchange gifts, or go
to parties or even family gatherings.
She cooked a very SIMPLE meal of
things I like and could eat.  We visited,
looked at things together and just spent 
our time enjoying each others company.

IT WAS ABOUT THE BEST CHRISTMAS 
I EVER HAD.

The point is,
if you want a great Christmas,
SIMPLIFY.

You may enjoy having all the family together.
Then do it.  But make it simple.  Concentrate
on the important things and tell the merchants
to go peddle their wares somewhere else.  But
SIMPLIFY.

I know one woman who is not happy unless
she is going crazy.  If that's your style,
then go crazy.  But simplify and go crazy
with all your heart.

You will enjoy Christmas a lot more if you
will cut out a lot of the activities and expenses.
Then just enjoy Christmas because of what it is, 
and in as simple a manner as possible.

May you have a 

MERRY CHRISTMAS
NEXT YEAR.


No comments: