Wednesday, July 13, 2016

APPROVAL

We all want approval.
Approval of our family, friends,
neighbors, teachers or the boss.
Some even seek approval of their cronies
in seeing how crude or vile they can be.
Or even how evil they can be.

But is that where we should be seeking
our approval?

The approval of humans is only good
for a very brief time.  We need to be
seeking our approval where it really
matters.  The approval of God himself.

(Images courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com)

The creator himself spoke of some
leaders and very religious folks who 
would not stand up for the truth because:

"They loved human approval rather
than the approval of God."
(John 12:43 GNT)

Sounds just like today.


Which is more important?
The approval of someone that does
not matter anyway.  Or the approval
of God himself who controls your
eternal destiny?

Jesus once said;

"I am not looking for human praise.
But I know what kind of people you
are, and I know that you have no
love for God in your hearts."

" You like to receive praise from one
another, but you do not try to win 
praise from the one who alone is God;..."
(John 5:41,42, 44 GNT)

The apostle Paul one of the most
devout men of God to ever live
once said:

"Does this sound as if I am trying to win
human approval?  No indeed!  What I
want is God's approval!    Am I trying to
be popular with people?  If I were still
trying to do so, I would not be a servant
of Christ."
(Galatians 1:10 GNT)

Whose approval are we seeking?



No comments: