Wednesday, May 24, 2017

A SHORT MEDITATION



Images courtesy of:www.Pixabay.com


"Oh, how I love they law!
It is my meditation all the day."
(Psalms 119:97 RSV)

Old age

Most of you kids, - that's someone under about seventy
years old - will not under stand what I am talking about.
Go talk to your grandparents, they will tell you.  BUT,
this old age stuff is not all that "Golden years" thing.  In
fact even the Holy Scriptures give us a different picture.

"Remember also your creator in the days of your youth,
before the evil days come,"(Ecclesiastes 12:1 RSV)

Instead our cry becomes,
"Do not cast me off in the time of old age;
forsake me not when my strength is spent."
(Psalms 71:9 RSV)

But there is a promise that I cling to.

"The righteous flourish like the palm tree,
and grow like a cedar in Lebanon...
They still bring forth fruit in old age,
the are ever full of sap and green,"
(Psalms 92:12 & 14 RSV)

The key is "The righteous...", that is,
do what is right in God's sight.

Getting old?
Get acquainted with God.
Grab his hand and live with him,
then you will have enough strength
and vitality to be useful even in old
age.



No comments: