Friday, May 26, 2017

BEWARE OF BARGAINS




Yep!
That's a tie.
It's a poor photo, but a nice tie.

I confess, I admit and I apologize, that there was a time
in my life when it was proper for me to wear a white
shirt and tie every day.  Sorry about that.

But then, I did one of the smartest things in my life.
I wanted off of the merry-go-round of that life style.
So I moved to the hills more than forty years ago.

And, yes, this culture does not require a tie.  Even
on Sunday.  If you see someone coming with a tie
on - WATCH OUT.

It is true that a tie is proper once in a while.  So I 
might wear a tie once or twice a year, maybe.

Now I have a wife who tries to take good [That's,
GOOD.] care of her husband.  Also, she cannot
pass up a bargain - even here in the hills.

The result was that over the years she had accumulated
about seventy five ties for me.  AND, I DON'T EVEN
WEAR TIES.

Where is the bargain in that?

God told us;

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures
on earth, where moth and rust consume
and where thieves break in and steal, but
lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven,
where neither month nor rust consumes
and where thieves do not bread in and
steal.  For where your treasure is, there
will you heart be also.
(Matthew 6:19-21 RSV)






No comments: