Wednesday, April 3, 2019

JOY, TRUE JOY

Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com  


JOY, TRUE JOY.

Most people are burdened down with all their
past sins, failures and shortcomings.  It becomes
a load we carry that saps our strength and happiness.
It interferes in our relationships with God and man
resulting in the loss of the joy and happiness that 
should be ours.

Is there a way to get rid of this heavy load that
burdens us down?

God offers this advice through king David:

"Oh, what joy for those
whose disobedience is forgiven,
whose sin is put out of sight!
Yes, what joy for those
whose record the LORD has cleared
of guilt,
whose lives are lived in complete honesty!"

That is great,
but how do I get the past wiped out
and my record set straight?

He continues:

"Finally, I confessed all my sins to you
and stopped trying to hide my guilt.
I said to myself, 'I will confess my rebellion
to the LORD.'
And you forgave me!  All my guilty is gone."
(Psalms 32:1,2,5 NLT)

God is a just God and we will suffer the 
consequences of our sins against God and man.

But,
God is a forgiving God and he wants
us to admit it to him so he can forgive
us and clean up our past.  Then we can
have true joy and lightness of heart.





No comments: