Friday, April 19, 2019

LIFE'S FUTILITY




LIFE'S FUTILITY.

God has permitted me to have a few acres of woods
that I use to "get away from it all" in.  I drive over 
to this small patch of woods every chance I get just
to get away from it all.

Now I have learned a long time ago to consult with
God on the many decisions of life.  If I don't, well
I am in trouble.  But, this was one of those times that
it was just something that I wanted to do.  So, I
did it with out getting God's advice.

There is a hollow tree in my patch of woods and
by nature I am a "survivalist" at heart.  So, I wanted
to put some survival gear in that tree hid from the 
rest of the world "just in case."

I got a machete and put a protective coating on it
to keep it from rusting.

Then I made myself up a small can with a bail on
it so it could be held over a fire to boil water in,
if necessary.  And then put a protective coating on 
it to keep it from rusting also.

Lastly I took a plastic weather proof case and 
put in it [I think] something to light fires with.
A solar blanket and some fishing gear.  Stuffing
all of this in the hollow of the tree.

The last time I was over at my woods hid away
I decided to check on my survival gear.  It had 
been five or six years since it was all stuffed in
the tree.

Wow!  Just wow is all I can say.
It was like it was all buried in a pile of compost
in the tree.  I had to dig it out.

In addition the tree had grown enough that I
could not even get the tin can out with out
mashing it down.  And the plastic case.  I don't
know.  It is still stuck in the tree.  I cannot get
it out of the hole anymore.



I should know better.  Jesus Christ told us;

"Don't store up treasures here on earth,
where moths eat them and rust destroys them,
and where thieves break in and steal.  Store
your treasures in heaven, where moths and 
rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break
in and steal.  Wherever your treasure is, there
the desires of your hear will also be."   
(Matthew 6:19-21 NLT)   

I should have spent that time and little bit of 
money doing something worth while for God.








No comments: