Sunday, December 8, 2019

GOD KNOWS BEST


This is one of those things that hurts to share
on one hand.  Then on the other, happy to tell
you about how God can work for us.

About forty three years ago I was of course much
younger and single.  Now a single life does not appeal
to me at all and I had fallen in love with a young lady.

Lets just say that this lady and I were in two different
leagues.  There were too many differences and obstacles.
But, you know that does not stop love.

So, having faith in God and believing that nothing
is impossible with God, she became the object of much
pray and trusting God to work out the impossible.  Yes,
it was sorta a one sided affair.  I loved her and she was
just simply a friend.  

In time I came to realize that this was not going to
work.  So I went to God in pray offering her up to
Him and "trying" to release my interest in her.  It
was perhaps the most difficult thing I ever did it 
my life.  I can still remember the hurt to this day.

However,
we still live in the same area and are still friends.
But after watching her go through several marriages
I see now that I would have been hurt really, really
bad.  And further, because of her goals and outlook
on life, she would have been an obstacle to my 
relationship to God and living for him.

Further.
Shortly after this - perhaps a year - God brought
another lady into my life.  Not only did he bring
us together but clearly indicated to me that she was
to be my wife.

After over forty years of marriage I can truly say
that God gave me one of the best wives on the 
face of the earth.  Praise God.

GOD KNOWS BEST.

"And we know that God causes everything to work
together for the good of those who love God and 
are called according to his purpose for them."
(Romans 8:28 NLT)

No comments: