Friday, May 11, 2012

ARE YOU CONNECTED?



Yes, that is my razor.  And yes, I'm sorry about it too.

As you can see, the cord is separate from the razor.  The result is that it does not stay plugged in good.  Constantly I am having to push the cord back up tight while I am shaving.  That makes shaving a two handed job sometimes.  Simply because I am disconnected from the power source.

I have just come through one of those dry spells.  You know.  Things just don't seem right.  There is not the happiness and contentment there should be.  The way seems "fuzzy".

God in his mercy let me see why.  I have been shifting away from my power source - God.  I have let too much of the concerns of life consume my time and efforts.

Jesus said,
"Remain united to me, and I will remain united to you.  A branch cannot bear fruit by itself; it can do so only if it remains in the vine.  In the same way you cannot bear fruit unless you remain in me."
-John 15:4 (GNB)




The razor works better this way.  And praise God, we work better when we remain united (Plugged in) to Christ.

1 comment:

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Been there and done that too Luther. And right you are... it doesn't take long before we sense that something is off, and guess what... it's me!:(

I also loved the sweet post before this one on your beautiful grandaughter and the bunny. I bet she loves her grandpa!

Blessings!