Wednesday, May 23, 2018

THE FIRE




This was not the motorcycle, but it was very similar to it.

One of my motorcycle friends sold me an old motorcycle
that had quit on him and he could not get it running again.
I wanted to fix it up for a special purpose.

Now I have to admit, I created my own problem.  The
Scriptures tell us:
"Pride goes before destruction,
And a haughty spirit before stumbling."
(Proverbs 16:18 NASB)  

You see, our little motorcycle group would be meeting
just a few days after I got the bike in my shop.  And I
knew my friend would ask me about the bike.  So, I
want to be able "casually" to say, yep, I got it running.
(That was pride.)

The result was I tried a little too hard with starting fluid
etc. to make it fire up.  Well it at least backfired catching 
number two carburetor on fire.

There was about half a tank full of gas in it and a 
carburetor burning in under it is not good.  So I 
tried beating it out with a rag.  That did not work.
Then tried blowing it out with my mouth.  I have 
done that on cars and it worked.  But all I did was
singe my lips.

Finally I spotted the fire extinguisher in the shop.
Went over and grabbed it, pulled the pin out and 
squeezed the trigger. NOTHING.  It had been 
sitting around too long.

Back to beating the fire with a rag.  I was getting 
tired and thought about just pushing it out of the 
shop and let it burn up.  But my car was sitting there.
And if it was pushed a little farther it would go do
a small incline to the house.

I was wore out and desperate.  In desperation I 
cried out loud enough they could hear my in heaven,
"Jesus help me."

The words were barely out of my mouth when he
did.  The fire went out in a couple of seconds.

Do you get the point?
My God hears and answers prayer.







No comments: