Wednesday, August 29, 2018

DISTRACTIONS





You have seen the advertisements;
"New life for old computers".

Well, I just happened to have a few old
computers laying around. Sounded good to
me. Also something to try or play with.
So, I ordered one.
I pulled one of the old computers off of the
shell along with an old monitor.  Brought it
into the office and set it up.  It was an old
windows XP.  I found it kind of fun to play
with.

But, but, but.
Would you believe it, it was too old for the
device that speeds up old computers.  In
other words that old computer was even
older than old.  So, I'll have to try the neat
device on one of my newer old computers.

But I was enjoying having another computer
on my "computer bench or desk",  so I decided
to keep it in the office and give it a special
task. [That only makes four computers in the
office.]

After down loading a lot of stuff on the poor
little computer I decided to eliminate a lot of
the programs in the computer that have
nothing to do with the task I gave it.

Would you believe it, the old thing seems
to work a lot faster than it did before.  Why?,
it has less to do.

What is my point?
Our life is like that old computer, loaded down
with a lot of unnecessary clutter.  Look at all
the stuff you have around you.  You spent a lot
of hard earned money and time in acquiring it,
and now you have to take care of it.

Or you have wasted a lot of time and effort on
things that really do not matter to life.

Soon every one of us will be at the end of life.
Then we are going to stand before God and
answer for everything we did in life - whether
we like the idea or not.

I don't know about you.  But I want to get rid
of a lot of the useless things and activities of
life and concentrate on the thing that matters -
Standing before God himself.




No comments: