Friday, August 31, 2018

TRAPPED



TRAPPED  

That's right.
This raccoon was caught in the act and trapped,
caged, locked in - where it should not have been.
[For you animal lovers I hauled it so far off it could
not find it's way back and released it in the woods.]

What was the bait used to catch it.  The same bait
that catches you, food.            

That is about where the human race began.
After God created the first humans he told
them not to eat from that one tree.  But you
know as well as I what happened.  He said
"don't" so they did.  "When the woman saw
that the tree was good for food,...".   You
know the rest of the story.  The human race
has been in trouble ever since.

When I was a young man (many decades ago.)
they used to say, "The way to a man's heart is
through his stomach."  And I remember the 
batch of  chocolate chip cookies in the bottom
of my foot locker in the Navy.  TRAPPED.

Or consider how many an obese person has
died a premature death.   Am I picking on 
food.  Not really.  I like to eat as well as you
do.  If we don't keep eating we will be in 
serious trouble.

But right now I am  thinking of food more
as a temptation.  Or some other temptation
could just as well be the bait that traps us.
Is it any wonder that Jesus Christ said;

"Keep watching and praying that you
may not enter into temptation; the
spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."
(Matthew 26:41 NASB)  

I like the way John Dryden said it;

"Better shun the bait than struggle in
the snare."   











No comments: