Friday, August 24, 2018

THE STORMS OF LIFE



If you are old enough to read this, you know that life is
full of storms.  The weather kind, of course.  But even
worse the personal storms that come up in your life.

At my age I have been through the storms of child hood, 
adolescence, courtship, mariage and failed mariage, life
threatening sickness and now old age.  But the question is
how to survive.

One of the storms I see facing all of us right now is the 
world conditions.  Things are headed in a direction that
if continued will completely destroy every one of us.

This morning while reading in my Bible I was reading
a passage written by King David many years ago.  It
reflects my attitude often.  See if it does not express the
way you often feel when life's problems confront you.

"My heart is in anguish within me.
And the terrors of death have fallen upon me.
Fear and trembling come upon me,
And horror has overwhelmed me.
I said, 'Oh, that I had wings like a dove!
I would fly away and be at rest.
Behold I would wander far away
I would lodge in the wilderness.
I would hasten to my place of refuge
From the stormy wind and tempest."  
(Psalms 55:4 - 8 NASB)  

I have found that what worked for King David
works for me too.

First he was in relationship to God Almighty.
That is the only place that we can get any real
peace.  Then when David closes out his Psalm
he says;

"Cast your burden upon the LORD and He
will sustain you;" (v. 22)   

Every time I have turned to Jesus Christ with
my problems - He has brought me through.
Even to old age.







No comments: