Saturday, August 18, 2018

PEACE IN THE STORM


Image courtesy of:www.Pixabay.com   


PEACE IN THE STORM

I have shared with you on this subject before.
But today we are in the middle of another storm in 
our little family and seeing the "peace" at work in 
the middle of it makes me want to share again.

My wife is much younger than myself.  She is 
only 76, but insists on working everyday.  She has
her own little cleaning business and works daily,
but now days has been coming home very tired.

After checking with her doctor they found that part
of her heart was not getting the blood flow it 
needed.  So, yesterday was the day to take her to
the hospital to get things "fixed".

She told me two different times before we went
to the hospital that she had complete peace about
the whole thing.  She had placed it in God's hands.
And I could see that.  She was as peaceful and content
as if we were just going out to eat somewhere.

It ended up that she had one artery 100% blocked 
and two that 90 some % blocked.  So, if God is 
willing they will be installing two "stints" to help
regain the necessary blood flow today.

When I left her at the hospital last night she was
still just as peaceful and content as when we left
for the hospital earlier in the day.

How can this be?
Over forty years ago she begin a personal relationship
with Jesus Christ.  She invited Christ into her heart and
submitted to his lordship.  And he has given her "a peace
that passes understanding".

 Just a historical knowledge or an intellectual knowledge
of Jesus Christ simply will not do it.  You have to get
into a "real" relationship with him.  Get your knowledge
of him out of your head and down into your heart.

Jesus said,
"Peace I leave with you;
My peace I give to you not as the 
world gives do I give to you."
(John 14:27 NASB)  

My wife has needed and experienced that peace
may times in the storms of her life.  And you know
that life will bring you storms.  You can have that
same peace.  Get yourself a "Holy Bible" and learn
about the love that Jesus Christ has for you.











No comments: