Friday, October 5, 2018

BROKEN HEARTED


Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com  

When you get as old as I am, you know that more
than once in life, you are going to be broken hearted
over something or other.  Like it or not.

I have been involved some in that social media called
FaceBook.  One of the outstanding things I notice is,
the large number of people that are broken hearted and
spend most of their time whining and complaining.
It seems to be a common thing among humanity.

Is there help?  You bet there is.

I have learned that God in heaven above truly cares
when I am hurting.  I can take my broken heart to 
him and cry on his shoulder about ANYTHING.
He gives me comfort and works things out for my
good.  It may not be over night.  But in his own good
time.

Consider first His promises regarding a broken heart.

"The LORD is near to the brokenhearted
And saves those who are crushed in spirit."
(Psalms 34:18 NASB) 

"The LORD..........
He heals the brokenhearted
And binds up their wounds."
(Psalms 147:3 NASB) 

And one that is of particular interest to my self is
found in the book of Isaiah.  The reason is, that it
is a prophecy about the coming of Jesus Christ into
the world and his purpose or reason for coming.

It starts right off:

"The Spirit of the LORD GOD is upon me,
Because the LORD has anointed me
to bring good news to the afflicted;
HE HAS SENT ME TO BIND UP THE 
BROKENHEARTED."
(Isaiah 61:1 [caps mine] NASB) 

Got a broken heart, or a problem to big for
your self.  Consider the invitation that
Jesus Christ himself gave.

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden,
and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you
and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in 
heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR
SOULS.  For My yoke is easy and My burden is
light."
(Matthew 11:28-30 NASB)

Got a problem?
Take it to Jesus Christ.

No comments: