Wednesday, October 10, 2018

SEARCH ME




A short time back I decided to convert a garlic bed to
a kale bed.  I took a tiller and went through the bed
very carefully and took out all the garlic I could find.

I have been delayed a few weeks from planting the
kale, and it also rained.  Guess what.  A few days ago
I noticed garlic sprouting up all over the bed.

The bucket full of small garlic in the above image is
what I had to dig out - AGAIN.

But, while digging the "fresh" batch of garlic a 
Scripture went through my mind.

"Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me and know my anxious thoughts;
And see if there be any hurtful way in me,
And lead me in the everlasting way."
(Psalms 139:23,24 NASB)  

I could not help but think that if I ask God
to search me the way the Psalmist did, He would
find more stuff in me than I was finding in that
garden bed.

Frankly, I do not have the "guts" to ask God to
search me out.  I am afraid that He would find 
more than I could handle.

But, on the other hand.   The "Psalm" above was
written by King David.  And you remember that 
David was king because "he was a man after God's
own heart".  David was asking God to show him the
stuff that was in him that was displeasing to God.

Perhaps I should ask God to show me what is 
displeasing to Him in me.  It certainly would 
improve my relationship with Him.





No comments: