Friday, October 12, 2018

TESTING

Image courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com       


After a long life I have made up my mind that life it's self
is made of simply one problem after another.  In fact when
things go too well, or smooth for a while - I wonder what is
wrong.

Right off I have to admit that God has always pulled me 
through one way or another.   But here I am again with 
a bunch of problems facing me.  No, I am not worried 
about it because ultimately God will work them out.
But, why can't I have a rest from them now that I am
an old man.  Has there not been enough problems?

I was reading in my Bible this morning in several different
places and three different passages hit me between the 
eyes.  Let me share them with you first, then a word
of encouragement.

"And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations,
knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance:
and perseverance, proven character, ..."
(Romans 8:3,4 NASB)   

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you
encounter various trials knowing that the 
testing of your faith produces endurance."
(James 1:2,3 NASB)   

"We count those blessed who have endured.
You have heard of the endurance of Job and
have seen the outcome of the Lord's dealings,
that the Lord is full of compassion and is 
merciful."
(James 5:11 NASB)   

Now if I did not have a relationship with Jesus 
Christ, these problems might be an effort to make
me get my mind off of my abilities and look to him
for help.  A lot of us will not turn to God until we
are knocked down and can only look up.  Then the
problems are still a blessing.

But I have been walking with God a long time.
[True, not near as close as I should.]  so why do
I still have problems.  The above Scriptures make
it clear that they are to help me endure, to strengthen
me and help me become stronger in my life with
God.  All through life God gives me problems to 
develop me into the person he wants me to be.
For this I should PRAISE GOD.

But consider one more fact.  It is true only of those
who love God.

"And we know that God causes all things to 
work together for good to those who love God,
to those who are called according to His purpose."
(Romas 8:28 NASB)   

There you have it.  If I love God, EVERY problem
that comes my way ultimately works for my good.

NOW HOW CAN YOU BEAT THAT?






No comments: