Wednesday, December 12, 2018

THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD




THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD.

A few days ago while sitting in my recliner reading a
bright light shone in my eyes.  It was a very small beam
but when lined up just right it was as bright as an LED
light.

I of course begin to search for it's source.  It was coming
from a bouquet of flowers the wife has sitting on a stand.
You and I both know that flowers do not shine lights in 
your face.  And especially those.  They are artificial or 
fake flowers.

It was as you guessed, a reflection of the sun on something
in the bouquet.  

Hey!
That is the way I am supposed to be.  When Jesus Christ
was talking to his disciples he told them, "You are the light
of the world..."  But as you know, a disciple in and of themselves
are about as bright as mud, just like those fake flowers.

Another place Jesus said, "I am the light of the world."
Now we have it.  Like on a bright moon lit night the moon
really does not shine.  We know that it only reflects the light
of the sun.

That is the way it is supposed to work with us.  We are to 
live so close to Jesus Christ that the very life of Christ
reflects in and through us making us the light of the world.

May God help me to allow the life of Jesus Christ shine
through me.






No comments: