Friday, September 13, 2013

REAPING FROM READING



REAPING FROM READING

I do not read as well as you do.  But I have learned 
to read a little bit.  And over the years there have been
so many things that; encourage, inspire, motivate, or
even warn me, that I feel compelled to share some of
it with you.

In David Wilkerson's book,
AMERICA'S LAST CALL,
is a paragraph on p.115
that cut's close home.
It regards the Church in America.

"Today God sees prosperity and abundance pulling
his bride away from him.  She's growing more and 
more earthbound- richer, more comfortable, less
mindful of Christ  And now the Lord must move
quickly to wean her back to himself.  How will he
do this?  First, he'll remove everything that has 
preoccupied her time and attention.  he declares,
'All of this wealth may have been a blessing to my
bride at one time.  But now there's so much garbage
in my church, the only way to get her clean is to
rid her of all these worldly possessions!'" 



OUCH!

No comments: