Tuesday, September 10, 2013

THE WAY TO A MAN'S HEART



This little girl taught this old man something.
She is one of my great grandchildren.

At the time this picture was taken -
grandpa would have done anything in the world 
for that girl.  Well! if he could, and it was not
bad for her.

That is why I am still taking care of the rabbit.

Was it because she was pretty?  
No.
Was it because she has red hair?
No.  I don't care for red hair.
Was it because she has freckles?
No.  I don't particularly care for them.

I do not know how to put it into words.
But it was something about that helpless, trusting,
submissiveness that would just get ahold of
my heart.  And I could not help my self.

She was about nine years old at the time of the 
photo.  Today, she is several years older.
And today - she would have to pry it out of me.
All because of her change in attitudes as she is
nearer to being a teenager.
And perhaps, because I am catching on.
[Yes, we still get along fine and sometimes
do things together.]

When I begin to think about the difference,
it gave me a whole new understanding of a
passage of Scripture in 1st Peter.

I must first confess that like some other guys,
the more paint I see slopped on a woman,
and the more shinny stuff I see hanging on
her, the more I realize - she is trying to
hide something.
[I just wish my wife would catch on.]

With this in mind consider the passage of
Scripture that I am now understanding better.
1st. Peter 3:1- 6 TEV.

"In the same way you wives must submit yourselves
to your husbands, so that if any of them do not believe
God's word, your conduct will win them over to believe.
It will not be necessary for you to say a word, because
they will see how pure and reverent your conduct is.
You should not use outward aids to make yourselves
beautiful, such as the way you fix your hair, or the
jewelry you put on, or the dresses you wear.
Instead, your beauty should consist of your true inner
self, the ageless beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit,
which is of the greatest value in in God's sight.
For the devout women of the past who placed their
hope in God used to make themselves beautiful by
submitting themselves to their husbands.  Sarah was
like that; she obeyed Abraham and called him her master...." 

No comments: