Wednesday, July 19, 2017

A SHORT MEDITATION


Images courtesy of:www.Pixabay.com

I am in the process of changing versions of the Bible
that I read from again.  Generally I will read from one
or the other versions for several years.  Hopefully this
gives me a little better understanding of the Scriptures.

This time when I changed the purpose was to have the
most accurate version in English, not the most readable.
[No, I am not trying to change your mind on the version
you read.  Read the one you like - and keep your nose in
it.]  It came in a few days ago so this morning I was reading
at random.  I ran across a thought I had never noticed.  So,
I had been thinking about it for several hours.  I was even
trying to find other Scriptures that completed the thought.
That did not work.

So, back to the passage of Scripture in mind.  OUCH!
For some reason I had no noticed three small letters.
The letters were: n, o, t.  Yes, the word "not".  That
changed the whole meaning of that passage of Scripture.

My point is, are we reading the whole thing?  Or just
reading the parts of Scripture we want to try to make it
say what we want?  Are we reading only those parts of
the Scriptures that make us feel good?









No comments: