Monday, July 10, 2017

LOOK ALIKES






It looks like garlic.
It grows like garlic.
It smells like garlic.
It tastes like garlic.
It even has a garlic name,
Elephant garlic.

But the scientist, botanist and smart gardeners tell
us it is not.  It is a leek.

You may go to church.
Give to the church.
Sing in the choir.
Teach a class at church,
 drive the church bus, 
and call yourself a "Christian".

BUT, if you do not have a personal
relationship with Jesus Christ
you are not a "Christian"
only a look alike.

"Jesus answered him,
'Truly, truly, I say to you,
unless one is born anew,
he cannot see the kingdom of God."
(John 3:3 RSV)

And at another place said,

"Not every one who says to me, Lord,
Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven,
but he who does the will of my Father who
is in heaven.  On that day many will say
to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy 
in your name, and cast out demons in your
name, and do many mighty works in your
name?  And then will I declare to them,
'I never knew you; depart from me,
you evildoers.'
(Matthew 7:21-23 RSV)

No comments: