Friday, March 9, 2018

HELP I'M UNATTRACTIVE AND DULL


Image courtesy of:www.Pixabay.com   

Do you ever feel, lets just say plain, unattractive,
not the most becoming person in the group? [Hey,
I live there, I understand that.]  Like myself if it
had been up to you, you would have made yourself
a lot different.  Most of us would change something
about us in a minute, if we could.

Did you know that puts us in a very elite group?

Think about this for a moment.  The very creator
of the heavens and earth - Jesus Christ - became a
man so he could die as a sacrifice in our place, if
we will accept it.  He was the creator, so he could
have came as the kind of man he chose to be.  But
the Holy Scriptures teach us how he came:

"He had no dignity or beauty to make us take
notice of him. There was nothing attractive 
about him, nothing that would draw us to 
him.  We despised him and rejected him; he 
endured suffering and pain.  No one would 
even look at him - we ignored him as if he 
were nothing."
(Isaiah 53:2,3 GNT)   

Did you get that?
When Jesus Christ came to die in my place, 
he not only came as a sacrifice for me, but 
he came as "a nothing".  So common looking
that nothing about his looks made him stand 
out.

May I be content to be "a nothing" that he 
gave life to.  But may it all be for God.









No comments: