Friday, March 30, 2018

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE JOY?



Images courtesy of: www.Pixabay.com     

The last few weeks have been a "drag" for me.
You see, I am not perfect like you are.  In fact
it takes a while for me to catch on to most things.
So, where did the joy of living go?  What was wrong?

Where does joy come from?
The Holy Bible makes it quite clear in many places.
Consider:

"Now may the God of hope fill you with 
all joy and peace..." -Romans 15:13

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, 
peace...."- Galatians 5:22  

"... In Your presence is fullness of joy;"
- Psalms 16:11   

And that last Scripture held the key to 
my lack of joy.  I had allowed the cares
and problems of life crowd out my time
with God.  Oh!  I still did my "devotional"
things.  Still read my Bible as much as
ever but my concern was with life's problems
rather than loving God with all my heart.

After some real heart searching and confessing
to God, guess what??


Found that joy again.





No comments: