Friday, March 2, 2018

WASTED, WASTED, WASTED









I know, it seems that I have only one song to sing
anymore.  And not being able to sing maybe only
one note to play.  But when you are living on borrowed
time, you look at things differently.

Even in my own life and home I now see so many.
excesses and surpluses that I am ashamed of myself.
Like so many professed Christians we are living on
the abundance of God's mercy and supplies.  We live
like there is no tomorrow.

God's word tells us that we brought nothing into the
world, and we cannot take anything out of the world.
Try arguing with that.

But Jesus Christ gives us hope even in the matter of
accumulated "treasures".   He said:

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth,
where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves 
break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves
treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust
destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;
for where your treasure is, there your heart will
be also."
(Matthew 6:19 - 21 NASB )   

For myself,
I want the excesses beyond my necessities to be
"forwarded" to heaven where I can enjoy them
not only for a few years  - but forever.

It was C.T. Studd who said;

"Only one life, twill soon be past,
Only what's done for Christ will last."






No comments: