Sunday, January 6, 2013

MATERIAL POSSESSIONS SATISFACTION



"I made great works;
I built me houses; I planted me vineyards.
I made me gardens and orchards,
and I planted trees in them of all kind of fruits;
I made me pools of water, to water the forest 
of growing trees.
I got me servants and maidens
and had servants born in my house;
also I had great possessions of great and small cattle
above all that were in Jerusalem before;
I gathered me also silver and gold,
and the treasure of kings and of the provinces;
I got me men singers and women singers,
and the delights of the sons of men,
as musical instruments, and that of all sorts......
Then I looked on all the works that my hands had done,
and on the labour that I had laboured to do:
and, behold,
all was vanity and vexation of spirit,
and there was no profit under the sun."
(Ecclesiastes 2:4-8,11 AJKV)



No comments: