Friday, January 11, 2013

SAFETY IN THE NIGHT.




"...From whence does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD, 
who made heaven and earth...
The LORD is your keeper;...
The LORD will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life."
(Psalms 121:1,2,5,7 RSV)


When I awake, my routine is to go to the kitchen,
turn on the coffee pot, then go in and dress.  I like
to wake up with a cup of coffee.

However,
this morning when I went into the kitchen it was full of smoke
and the wife's cat was desperate to get out of the house.
With all of the decorations on around the place it took a
while to find the source of the smoke.

The stove's burner (heating element) had been left on.
It was one I never use, and the wife has been house 
setting for folks in town for several days.  Why it was
on I have no idea.  But it had melted down a plastic
salt shaker near it.  Because of God's mercy it had 
not burst into flame yet.

For this I thank God.
I slumber and sleep.  But,
"he who keeps Israel will
neither slumber nor sleep."
(Psalms 121:4 RSV)
And this is the God who watches over me
both day and night.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how thankful I know you are to know that the Lord watches over you!