Monday, September 7, 2015

GOD'S REFRESHMENT


I met a man a few nights ago who works long hard days -
seven days a week.  Right now he is young (By my standards.)
and strong.  But you and I both know that in time it will kill
him.  Then, who gets his farm?

That is the why they work political prisoners so hard in slave 
labor camps.  They work them to death.

When I was a kid I worked in what we called a packing house.
This one packed the growers lemons.   One of the "bosses" told
my dad that by giving the women a ten minute break in the 
morning and another one in the after noon, they got more work
out of them than if they did not have a break.

Years ago I read that Andrew Jackson said he could march his
men further in six days than he could in seven.  Are you getting
the point?

Even Jesus said,
"The Sabbath was made for man, 
and not man for the Sabbath."
-Luke 2:27 NKJV

What is the "Sabbath"?  A day of rest.

Hey!  God himself rested on the seventh day.
And he made you so that you need a day of rest.

I am not pushing for some particular day over another
as a Sabbath or day of rest.  Nor am I pushing for a
return to the old Jewish laws.  If you will look it up
the "Sabbath" was given even before the "Law" that
was given up on the mountain. 

But I am asking you why you insist on pushing yourself
into a premature death when God wants you to take a
break every week?






No comments: