Wednesday, September 16, 2015

SATISFY THAT LONGING


I used to work with a man who always wanted to 
travel some place else.  He was never satisfied with
where he was.  If he was not on vacation, he was
pouring over maps trying to see where he wanted to
go.

That seems to be our human nature.  Never satisfied
with what we have or are.  We are always longing 
for more.

Some of us always wanted more speed.  We wanted
to go faster than the other person.  That is, until we
went so fast it killed us.

Some always want more; money, fame, power, love,
enjoyment, rest.  You name it.  But we want more.
There never is enough.  But the cost is always high.

Contrast this with God's invitation to those in need 
and his desire to satisfy that need or longing.

"The Lord says,
'Come everyone who is thirsty-
here is water!
Come, you that have no money -
buy grain and eat!
Come! Buy wine and milk -
it will cost you nothing!
Why spend your wages and still be hungry?
Listen to me and do what I say,
and you will enjoy the best food of all.
Listen now, my people, and come to me;
come to me, and you will have life!"
(Isaiah 55:1-3 GNT)







No comments: